Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Galaxies and People

I was just thinking and pondering various things, talking to God about them.

Recently, I've been feeling like I need to slow down a bit. Doing so tonight has led me to notice things.

Earlier during my quiet time I was thinking about how He created the world.

Of course He created everything else, but just that he created the world from the largest aspects to the smallest.

I have often thought about how there are so many things in this universe that I will never understand or search out;

Neither in thought, imagination, or with my senses.

There are entire intricate galaxies that exist, so daringly large and beautiful, stretching for millions upon billions of miles.

Yet if you were to take one square centimeter of matter from those billions of miles, you could fine amazing detail of design in every atom.

And we take all this for granted.

A bit later, I was thinking about my brother Phillip.

I was just thanking God for him. And I realized that similarly, people in our lives are existing, yet unknown by anyone save for God.

I truly believe that human emotions are as complex as a galaxy.

I don't want to take for granted those He has put close to me in my life.

Just because there will be billions of people you could never even begin to get to know, it ought not to stop you from searching out the complexity of those around you.

It will take more thought to explain why, but I somehow I just know that taking time to get to know those around you will give you a better idea of who the Creator is.

Things to think on. To ponder on. I like that word...ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment